Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sorry again, for the lack of new post. I have been working every spare free moment after work on the Edna Purviance family biography. Stay tuned, or visit Edna's .org site or even FB fan page. See Edna's event page for coming events!

I did just update the Chaplin Library with some great new covers from Dominique! So some great stuff, happening behind the scenes...

Also, I went to The Artist (twice!) and just LOVED IT! Sure it's modern, but what a wonder film to bridge to the past. Getting more people interested in silent films is a great thing! Hope it makes it to your area. And don't read a load about it, just see it and enjoy!

2 comments:

FlickChick said...

I am so glad you liked "The Artist" - it was so much fun - and the theater was packed when I saw it, with lines for the 2nd show.

Edna's Place said...

That's excellent! It's showing for the third week in the area, and they never show such films in the area. I thought it was an excellent film. The story really brought to life the sheer terror of the coming of the sound age.

I love 'Singing in the Rain' but that really made fun of the change with a light hearted story.

Many careers did die, during that change over, or just ruined. I think of John Gilbert, who didn't make the change well, struggled, and died a young age in the mid-1930s. Clara Bow didn't make the change either.

I know there are hardcore silent film fans who hated this film, but I love the fact the French were brave enough to do it and put together a great team. So many actors around the world could work in silent films, but once they spoke, their careers was limited to their own country.

With this film, this french team did the same thing. This film would never play here, if they spoke.

(Sorry for the long delay in answering. Trying to write every chance I get around work, so slow getting around the web these days.)